New to this forum

brandon112200

Hi everyone, I am new here and I will put an intro on a different page.

I am not a web designer by trade, so I am looking for guidance as I develop my site. I have a lot to learn, so I hope this is a good place for that.

What I know needs work so far, is the gallery page loads WAY to slow because I accidentally made the thumbnails the full size images, so I am working on that. Other than that, can I get some help with direction, color scheme, advice on menu selection.

Best regards,
Mike

http://www.vivisual.com

Fireproofgfx

I notice your text on you rotating banner is really choppy. I think you have to many different fonts all over the place from logo, to menu text, to basic content. Ideally you would use a font closes to your logo for headline text to flow it all together and use a content font with variable sizes. Other than that, not bad.

annemarie

Looking at the source of the site I see a lot of iframes, inline css and images that could be put in a sprite.
For your next project I would advice you to ditch the frames, use external css, js at the bottom, use unordered lists for navigation and why not just jump in to html5 and css3 as you go :). I learned a lot from the html5boilerplate.