New site

WebBalster3000

I was going to start working on a new website and was wondering if anyone wanted to help. Got a couple ideas. I'm fairly new to web design myself and was looking to work with someone at my level or higher in experience. The goal of the project would be to learn on the way and start something new and see where it heads.

notarypublic

If you're planning on making money from this website, then you should be willing to pay whoever is helping you with making it..

If you're looking for someone only as experienced or better on this sort of thing and hoping to learn as you go, then congrats - you're almost in the right place. Get your hands dirty, try working on the site, and as you have questions, post them and we'll help you work through them.

That said, best of luck!

WebBalster3000

Thanks for the advice. And yes, I am willing to paye the person who helps me. As long as theres money coming in from the site, we both worked on it so we both reap the reward.

I am having some trouble adding tables in the center of the site, below the banner and navigation.

JeremyBlaze

Hi WebBalster3000, I've been creating websites for some time now and one thing I would suggest for you to do, is if you are using Mac, then use Shutterbug or Rapidweaver (Both paid applications). I made my first site in Shutterbug and my second (my current) in Rapidweaver. These are both website creation tools that don't require code! Rapidweaver is a very friendly application. You can get plugins and themes for it to personalize it, and the same for Shutterbug.

If you want to see a little more about website creation and using Rapidweaver or Shutterbug, visit my site on Website Development. http://www.jeremyblaze.net.au/

d a v e

"And yes, I am willing to paye the person who helps me. As long as theres money coming in from the site, we both worked on it so we both reap the reward."
unfortunately promises of paying money IF the site makes money doesn't pay the bills. what i fgot some building work done and said to the builder -hey i'm a web designer i'll probably be making some money in some on-line logo/site competitions and if i do then you can share in my good fortune. you reckon he's going to build anything for me?

now if it was for a charity, or a good cause then you might find someone willing to work for free/a chance of reward but otherwise it's just insulting to offer a chance of money - with the implication being of course that if the site doesn't make money then it's the fault of the person who's stupid enough to help you.

if you find someone who's only in it for the learning experience then fair enough as long as they understand that the chance of getting any money is next to nothing.