New Site Need Feedback Please!

Sly1

This is the new wholesale site I am building for my business. I have only worked on this site around 2 weeks, and all of our products are not there yet, but I would love some feedback on how you think it is comming, and if you have any suggestions. If you could give it a 1-10 rating 1 being worst 10 being best that would be great! The url is www.jpwjewelry.com I thank you in advnace for your help!

Last edited:

jonze

You should be a bit more patient :p
I like your site, I don't know if you made the logo but it's really beautiful!
I have three teeny-tiny criticism, the text on the purple spotted background looks a bit weird I think, it's a little hard to see. My eyesite isn't great and I had to squint to see some of it, especially the black text at the very top.
And I also don't really get the idea of having a forum on a shopping site, maybe you can explain this, maybe theres a really good reason, but I really don't get it.
I don't know if you realised this, but in the forum section you can only see the Forum Category, Topics, Posts,Last Post headers if you hover over them, otherwise there just black blocks.
Apart from those the site is really pretty.

*edit*
One more small thing, you should change the page titles to include the company name, I have it opened in a tab and all it shows is Forum, contact us etc. If it included JPW Jewellery, it would make it a bit better :)
When I'm making sites, I make it like this:

JPW Jewellery | Forum

Last edited:

Sly1

Thank you for reply. As to the Forum your correct I am working on removing it. Could you please give the site 1-10 rating? Also any other feedback from new ppl would be great! :)

bannerblueprint

1. I agree with jonze from the fact that the text over the spotted purple background has some contrast problems.

2. I think the homepage is a bit cluttered (more text than I think is necessary). I think if you focus on featuring a few product pictures and discount prices, instead of all the text, it may be a plus. If you vist zales.com, or reeds.com, you can see how they go about featuring the Jewelry pictures and not so much the info about them.

3. Have a "Products" tab in your top menu

4. Nice logo

Overall Rating: 7.5 out of 10.

MDESIGNS

i say an overall rating of 8 out of 10.
Its actually a really good site, just needs a few easy fixes like the others said above. To me the biggest thing is the homepage has way too much text on it, some people might be driven away if they have to read too much. Nice Job