New site launched - need genuine feedback for improvement

Spicy_Spirit

Hi guys,

I'd appreciate it if you could feedback on a new site my company just launched - DSA New Site.

I won't be offended if you provide some genuine feedback on it...

Also, It is built on zen cart (I know it's old but we decided not to switch cms because zen cart is working). The only thing I'm not happy about is the zenid issue. If you a first time visitor, you will see zenid in the URLs. It creates a duplicated URL issue. I'm slightly hopeful that someone in this forum can have some expertise to share.

Thanks a ton!

Your slide show is a no-go (see what I did there), and while some here may see that as a good thing ( calm down you rascals, I'm not among them), I don't think it's quite the look you're going for. Also in ie8, the left border is showing after log-in. Didnt look in CSS but probably set to :last-child selector wich IE8 reads like I read Chineese.... I don't BTW.

Last edited:

websonalized

The Website looks good to me layout is sleek and streamlined but I don’t see any keywords in your title tags for many of your pages and some images don’t have any Alt tags you should tidy these up as soon as possible.
Are you trying to rank for any keywords or have any SEO campaigns running right now? If not then you’re doing very well in coming up in the rankings organically. Sitemap, Blog, Landing Pages for conversions and Social Media activity which is very good.

I did a backlink check and found that you have quite a few authority sites linking back to you too as well as none authority sites but you’re getting backlinks all the same.

Social Sites look good but you should increase activity to help funnel leads to the website itself.

Facebook
From your Facebook page without getting into a lot of details, you should post more updates and be sure to ask people what they think about it. Also add the url for the website into the about field along with a description of the company so that it can be clicked from the front page.

The website looks great and its moving up in rankings as I've said before organically. Keep this pace :D

I can did alot deeper if need be, just let me know.

d a v e

remember your favicon

forget fully-justified text and use left-aligned

the list starting Just the FAQ’s has too much line height/padding

looking good though!

AsheSkyler

Finding a business website that isn't terrified of white space is nice. And for once, I actually like the slideshow because it's not so huge that I can't see the welcoming paragraph.

My nitpicks:
- The images could use a little extra space. There's only about two pixels between the images and their product names.

- The dropdown menu looks kinda odd to me sticking out a bit to the left of the main menu.

- This isn't important, but Firefox 14 isn't displaying your menu correctly. It's knocking "Downloads" onto the next line. Every other browser I tried got it right though.

Brodzko

Hello!

Agreed with most of the objections above, plus - the slideshow isn't working for me for some reason (Chrome 21).

Ah, and I quite dislike the above-footer section. I find it a bit messy.

Spicy_Spirit

Thanks!

Thanks so much for your detailed feedback! I wanted to reply long time ago but was on biz trips all week. I really appreciate it and as you could see, I added the link to Facebook right away! The title tag thing is a zen cart issue. I have someone working on it now. Thanks again!

The Website looks good to me layout is sleek and streamlined but I don’t see any keywords in your title tags for many of your pages and some images don’t have any Alt tags you should tidy these up as soon as possible.
Are you trying to rank for any keywords or have any SEO campaigns running right now? If not then you’re doing very well in coming up in the rankings organically. Sitemap, Blog, Landing Pages for conversions and Social Media activity which is very good.

I did a backlink check and found that you have quite a few authority sites linking back to you too as well as none authority sites but you’re getting backlinks all the same.

Social Sites look good but you should increase activity to help funnel leads to the website itself.

Facebook
From your Facebook page without getting into a lot of details, you should post more updates and be sure to ask people what they think about it. Also add the url for the website into the about field along with a description of the company so that it can be clicked from the front page.

The website looks great and its moving up in rankings as I've said before organically. Keep this pace :D

I can did alot deeper if need be, just let me know.

reverseengineer

Clean, functional, overall a really good job. Minor gripe- the footer is a bit boxy and unappealing. Your slides have the appearance of a high end site but I would like to see your footer match this energy (if that makes sense).