New & need some advice

KristiB

Hi everyone,

I am new to web design & have a question....

I am setting up a site where people can advertise their business. What I need to know is that if I set the link for their email address to go to them, can I also set the same link to go to me so I know how much traffic they are getting from my site.

I just want to know people are contacting them so the advertises doesn't say they are getting nothing out of being on my site. I will have proof that they are & can keep track of it.

Does that make sence?

Can I put in the email area in Dreamweaver mailto:p[email protected], mailto:[email protected]

Would that go to both people? :confused:

Ar3d

I think it will depend to the owner of the site but if am the owner i would not allow any advertiser to see some of the important details of my site...

KristiB

Thanks, but that's not what I meant.

I own the site. If someone wants to get in touch with one of my advertisers, should I get the email to come to me first & then forward it on or can I get the email to got me & the advertiser at the same time.

No one will have access to the site but me.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
unless you want your advertisers and yourself to get gobs of spam mail, i would advise staying away from mailto: links. instead i would use some form of database to track outgoing links. this way both you and your clients could track traffic in real time via an online interface.

and to answer your question, you can't send emails to multiple users via a simple mailto: link. one at a time only. however, via a scripting language such as ASP or PHP such things are possible, although a bit more complicated than a simple link.