new medical alarm website

gboyer

Hello guys and gals. This website has been online since the 14th of last month. I have gotten very good feedback from the manufacture of this product my customer is selling. They say its the best medical alarm website there is, but im not getting any orders so far. The only keyword that is working right now is "medipendant" it will take awhile to get other keywords ranked well because of the popularity of the keyword. Im getting an average of 25 hits a day from that keyword but no orders or contacts from the website.

I wanted to see if the community had any advise for me. What could i do better? Do you think you would trust my website to order off of? Why do you think there hasn't been any business yet?

I know when i get my other keywords ranked high i will have 10 times the traffic, but i just wanted to see if there is any advise out there.

medicalalertoutlet dot com

thank you for your time.

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
The site design is very clean; I like it. What is your goal for a user who visits your site? What ever that is, that should be where their eye is guided. Right now my eye focuses on the slide show and then moves to the FAQ and over to the diagram. I don't see anything that is recommending I should buy from you. The only purchase information is hidden behind a FAQ? Aside from this, I would remove the bookmark item from the diagram it takes away from it, plus its kind of annoying.

I think there should be some type of call to action, like Order Now or something similar.

gboyer

The site design is very clean; I like it. What is your goal for a user who visits your site? What ever that is, that should be where their eye is guided. Right now my eye focuses on the slide show and then moves to the FAQ and over to the diagram. I don't see anything that is recommending I should buy from you. The only purchase information is hidden behind a FAQ? Aside from this, I would remove the bookmark item from the diagram it takes away from it, plus its kind of annoying.

I think there should be some type of call to action, like Order Now or something similar.

My goal is for visitors to learn about medipendant and purchase online. No that is not the only purchase info. I removed the bookmark icons. I also made a lot of changes to the site after your post. What do you think so far?

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Excellent. I like the changes you have made. One more suggestion...why not make the "Buy Now" more inviting? Instead of it just being a text link why not make a button graphic? Something that will be more visually appealing.

Also I would make any text links in the body copy (content) the same red color as your website theme, as opposed to the default blue color.

uptownhr

I think you should also make the image of the pendant into an animated gif or a flash as well. It's a little boring just sitting there in the main page.