New at design..

hwh37

I am pretty much starting from scratch and have no idea where to begin. I want to start a website where people will have to login and gain access to their own account. They can upload money onto their account and then using that money they can pay other members to do tasks for them that they will put into a forum that is only accessible by members. Money will then obviously be in transaction from member to member and they can cash out when they wish. I'm just looking for any suggestions on software I need to look into that will help me build and maintain this sort of site, or should I just hire out? Any info/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
You're going to need some sort of server-side scripting, as well as front end development and super expensive legal advice. Not to mention, it sounds like you're trying to enter a fairly saturated market.

hwh37

That's definitely something to consider.. thanks. I was being broad with my first comment by just stating functions I needed on the site and wondering how to build it. I do have to think about all of the costs, llike security, as well. If I were to hire a firm to construct a site will that be something they cover? What do you guys think I'm looking at pricewise? Guesses are fine haha. Thanks for the answers so far.. At least now I'm starting to get somewhat of a grasp. I appreciate the help.

vladimir80

Beside the web design job, there a lot more stuff to do. You will need a custom cms, because me, at least, I don't know any script that can do what you ask.

chrishirst

Staff member
You will need a custom cms,

Why? Joomla! and Drupal could be employed to do what the TS is asking for.

You probably wouldn't and certainly SHOULDN'T use either of them though, as it would be like using a colendar to carry water to a fire.

And don't even consider using the "teabag CMS"! AKA Wordpress.