New and Very Lost

bsugirl89

So I am very new to this, so bear with me, I have never done anything website related other than myspace stuff and making my teaching portfolio for my final exam time. I purchased my domain name from moniker.com and I've started designing my site in Microsoft Office Publisher. I'm ready to publish what I have so far to the web, and now I'm stumped. I've done I don't know how many hours of looking around trying to self teach, because I don't know anyone who could really guide me through this. What started off as a my baby project has started to turn into a nightmare! I've been to other forums and I'm guessing I need a web hosting service? If anyone would be so great as to help me out I would love you for the rest of my days! Thanks!

yelleyster

to make your life easier you should go setup an account over at noomle.com | they don't charge you anything to set up your site, they give you a host of templates to use, and offer tonnes of support. i've setup a few over there, and its great.

Roger

I assume that web forum can be considered as very serious stuff and in this case better have paid web hosting solution. IMO.
You'd better find the one which can help set you everything. I assume that if you sign up for the specialized in hosting web forums web host you will find that very easy
Try this http://espinda.com/web-hosting-plans/phpBB-forum-hosting.html
Actually espinda has very experienced stuff and I assume you will never regret
Good luck

Zookx

Yes, you'll need a hosting account. Then you can upload the files to the space via an FTP program.

For simpliciys sake I would be inclined to contact the company you bought the domain name from and see if they provide hosting, if so they will be able to conect everything together for you. If not you will either need to 'point' your domain name to your new webspace address or else transfer the name to your hosting provider.

I don't recall if Office Publisher has a built in FTP program, if not you'll need to download a free one sure as Filezilla, http://filezilla-project.org/, then you enter the details given to you by whoever you buy your hosting from into that program. Then basically you drag and drop the files from your computer into the index directory of your webspace, much like you would to move files about on your computer.

Once the files are in that directory they will show online at the address.

Best of luck.

lovely09

1&1 offer a web hosting service that you need.Feel free to visit the page and find the resolution to your problem.

Elective

If you do not have a web host, you need one before you can get your site online. There are many hosts out there so look around before choosing, and make sure you read the terms of service of any company your considering to ensure you're not paying for something you cannot get (i.e. unlimited storage or bandwidth). Also beware of "free" hosts, as they can be very unreliable and you can generally find very good hosts for next to nothing.

Good luck!