Need to view my Statistics accuratley

rka81

hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. I am looking for something (script/program/anything!!) that can give me up to date statistics for my website so that I can find out how many visitors etc I have had. Now I am not a beleiver in counters as I dont think that they ever tell the real figure (when u refresh it makes the number go up!?!) and I am currently using AWSTATS within my own personl cPanel that comes with my hosting which isnt bad but unfortunately hardly ever gets updated!

Any idea guys ??

Thanks

StephanieCordray

If AWstats isn't getting updated there's something wrong with it, it should be updating all the time even throughout the day.

Urchin used to be the best until Google took it over. Now, it rarely works right and is full of spyware. I'm more than a little upset over that. Urchin allowed us to buy an extra 300 licenses after they sold out to Google but hadn't made the 'official' announcement. We didn't get our money back either.

rka81

Well its my hosting company I think - They just upgraded there servers (or merged with a sister company site and ever since the stats only seem to update every now and then.... will keep looking around

thanks

StephanieCordray

rka81 said:
Well its my hosting company I think - They just upgraded there servers (or merged with a sister company site and ever since the stats only seem to update every now and then.... will keep looking around

thanks

If they offer those stats as a service, they should fix them. If they don't... well...hmmmm... not sure what you can do. Have you contacted your hosting service? I can give you a fix to view the stats outside cpanel but they are still compiled by the webhosting server so I don't think that would help your problem.

rka81

I have raised a ticket with them and hopefully it will be fixed soon - to be honest I have lost faith in my hosting company as its not very good but I suppose it is a cheap one so I cant expect everything to work perfectly all the time

thanks