Need some helpful criticisms on my new site.

wirkkalaj

I originally began this site to be a simple site for my mother (who is a Chihuahua breeder), but I just kept adding to it, and now I have a lot of content, that I hope can translate into traffic. The site is http://www.totallychihuahuas.com

I would like to get some opinions on how to make it better, more attractive, more functional, and funner, etc. My design is pretty simple. I am just using a modified default Joomla template. I don't sell anything myself, everything is through affiliates or google ads. I am using commission junction for my store products, and google adsense for all of my banners. I am pretty new to design, so I am still learning about ad placement and which affiliate programs are the best. Any recommendations would be great.

I do not get that much traffic yet, as I'm just getting finished and starting with marketing and link building. I don't know that I'll ever have a lot of traffic because there are only so many searches for Chihuahuas, but I'd like to have something that'll make it stand out. So far, I have alot of content compared to most other "only chihuahua" websites.

GUDVH

Hi wirkkalaj,

I find your website very informative. Everything is about Chihuahuas. Chihuahuas 101 - Totally Chihuahuas ROCKsssss....... :)

Regarding: "My design is pretty simple."

... SIMPLE is BEST. Simplicity is the mother of all the unsolved complications. Simple, but straight to the point. Simple, but got the stuffs of qualities. Why complicate things when you can simplify everything?

I like the ways you blend your affiliation activities on your website. Everything looks like it's gonna be a smooth ride for you. Keep it up. I do believe very soon you will begin earning / generating incomes from the traffics to your site.

I love it. And, I would recommend anyone to do a visit to your place online for they will too agree with me.. TotallyChihuahuas is the online destination for all you chihuahuas lovers out there :)

serlak2007

You have to figure out what is the primary purpose for the site. If it is a purchase from your shop section then you'll have to optimize it for purchasing (which will involve taking down all ads). If it is informational, then put more content and more ads. It looks like your site is gaining organic rankings... So it is up to you what to do. Oh, but in any case, please get rid of all red color in in your design. It is a big "NONONONO" in design...