Need some help with wordpress

jerry

Hi all. I am very new to this. I am trying to make a blog/forum and I want to have a user registration to log onto my website and post on the blog and also the forum. The built in user registration/login allows uses to register but it also does not redirect them to my homepage upon login. I was wondering if anyone knew a way around this. Also I was wondering if anyone had any tips for creating a forum directly on wordpress to go hand in hand with your blog.
thank you

LearnWebDesign

afternoon Jerry, id suggest you have a look at the free plugins wordpress provides, if this doesnt help and your new to webdesign another alternitive would be to use joomla which also a cms system, the site in my sig was designed in joomla, and i will gladly help you through the creation of your site.

jerry

thank you for the reply! I have been looking around on the plugins on wordpress... and I am currently researching how to modify them so my liking. I dont have much time during the week. When I get a chance I will check your website out and im always interested in learning new things! thank you for the advice!

jerry

will do! hopefully I will have some forums up this weekend. 3 day weekend coming up and plan on doing some work :)

jerry

as promised keeping you guys update. Any advice would be awesome! I finished the first blog. Tomorrow I plan on posting another blog and post a few forum topics to maybe stir up the pot but anyways here it is.
www.projectdebate.com