Need some help controlling things...

garry2005

Hi again everyone!
I could use some help with controlling things, let me explain- The situation is this: A registered member gets to a certain page with his/her login name & password. Works fine. On that page, he can download a ZIP file as specified with a Submit button (GIF picture w/hyperlink, not a Form button). But first, before downloading the ZIP file, he's supposed to enter NAME & PASSWORD into 2 forms, and submit that with a Form Button...and THEN he can download the ZIP file. You can guess what's happening, here...they've figured out they really don't have to enter anything to get the ZIP file...and that's what I need to control. It would be nice if I could make the FORM Submit button also allow them to download the ZIP file after form confirmation, but I can't. Or...if I could somehow grab their login info (which is correct or they couldn't be on this page) and send it to the same email as the current Form does now, but I can't do that either! The bottom line is pretty straightforward: I just need to know (by email) who is grabbing the ZIP files and which file is being grabbed. I'm not concerned with whether or not they are authorized because, again, they couldn't be on this page if they weren't authorized, so that's not an issue.

I tried to figure out Forms Handler, and...forget it! Greek! I don't have a database of user names/passwords in F/P, by the way.

If anyone can help with this, let me know...I'll set you up with guest access to the site, so you can see exactly what I'm talking about.

Garry ([email protected])

StephanieCordray

a quick fix would be to put the zip file in a passworded directory.

What kind of form are you using?

The form fix would be to make those fields (username and password) required.