Need some advice

jvnderwe

I'm going to be installing a shopping cart for someone and I could use a little advice.

She has been using an online "site builder" program provided by the web host to put the site together and would like the shopping cart to be added to this. Is this even possible to integrate the two, or does the shopping cart completely override what she has done so far? She tried to install ZenCart herself but now her website is just a default zencart page. Would the whole site have to be built in Zencart?

So I may just have to redo the site, in the past I've done shopping carts with Joomla and Drupal, but I've never used a standalone shopping cart program. How does something like ZenCart or OpenCart compare to say Joomla+Virtuemart or Drupal+Ubercart?

Thanks.

Dorky

that sucks. chances are since you did not design around the cart, you would have had to rework it anyway. best bet is to work with zen to create the site.

jvnderwe

It might be easiest for me to just use Zencart at this point, but I am concerned about the level of control it will give her over the site when I am done. She has a "news and events" section that she anticipates updating frequently, so I'd like to make it as easy as possible for her to make changes to the site. I know if I use a CMS like Joomla and add Virtuemart to it then it will be easy for her to add/edit content on the site. Will the same be true for ZenCart? Does it also function like a CMS or will it be a lot harder for her to make changes to the site?