Need some advice with my website..

goodtimesgh

I just had my site finished last week (not by me). Since then I have been putting information through the administrative end.

For some reason the Front page is killing me. I looks too plane, I feel like something is missing? Also, I feel like there is too much writing...Do people want to see that when they go into the site??

The "links & resources" was something i did last min to see but I'm not feeling that there.

PLEASE CRITIQUE!

http://www.goodtimesgrouphome.com

Thanks

Paultbk

I wouldn't say too much writing, the site looks clean, but there is way too much white space after the the links and resources. Actually it looks like a problem on every page.

I think the problem is the testimonial bar...I would either shorten them and have a readmore link or limit it to just one. It will bring the page up and tighten it. The login form could also be redesigned vertically, and ran along the bottom. However you would need to contact your old designer for this or hire a new one.

GeneticOpera

When people go to a web page they are okay with text. The general rule is that people do not want to scroll down more than twice per page and if they scroll down twice on every page they get sick or reading text on their computer screen.

I agree with Paul, the testimonials bar needs to be shortened. I love what you're doing- taking in people who need help. My brother has a handful of social handicaps and I know how much it would mean to him to be able to live on his own. If you need help on the site I'm available and will do what I can for free. (Note that I'm a beginner whose working towards a WebDesign certificate.)

Paultbk

Genetic...if you want are going help for free and need any help, let me know. I would be glad to assist.

goodtimesgh

When people go to a web page they are okay with text. The general rule is that people do not want to scroll down more than twice per page and if they scroll down twice on every page they get sick or reading text on their computer screen.

I agree with Paul, the testimonials bar needs to be shortened. I love what you're doing- taking in people who need help. My brother has a handful of social handicaps and I know how much it would mean to him to be able to live on his own. If you need help on the site I'm available and will do what I can for free. (Note that I'm a beginner whose working towards a WebDesign certificate.)

I PMed you...