Need PSD 2 Dreamweaver Help! Please

sharkey239

I've created an entire website in Photoshop and I understand you have to slice what you want to be used as a clickable link.

I sliced what I needed and then exported images and html.
Opened the html in Dreamweaver and linked everything where it should go.

On Google Chrome my website looks okay.
On Safari my website looks normal.
On Internet Explorer the website is all over the place.

Here's the link to my website:
http://www.fiskaamusic.com

If you click the tabs at the top you'll just see "under construction" pages because I didn't want to upload the entire site until I at least figured out how to get the home page successfully working.

It also looks weird on my iPhone, until I zoom closer and then it seems to fix itself.

Also, I typed everything in Photoshop. Therefore, you can't copy and paste anything.
I attempted to type within Dreamweaver, but that just made the slices go everywhere for some reason.

One more thing. Under the "Hit Singles" section at the bottom of the home/index page I wanted to have the following code working
Code:
<iframe src="http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/fiskaa-no-turning-back-embedmixtape.57033.html" style="width:360px;height:195px;border-width:0;" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" width="442" height="171"></iframe><br /><iframe src="http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/fiskaa-for-the-good-embedmixtape.44977.html" style="width:360px;height:195px;border-width:0;" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" width="442" height="171">
But it also makes the pages slices go everywhere.

What am I doing wrong and what can I do to fix it?

No I'm not using CSS stylesheets. There may be some within my HTML code, but thats it.

Thank you in advance!

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
What am I doing wrong and what can I do to fix it?
EVERYTHING! start again!

go to your PSD and then go to file>print
walk over to your printer and grab the print out

go back to your computer and open up DW
create a new html
create a new css
link the css to the html

work out your structure from the printout
print another one if its helpful

place the structure and ALL OF THE TEXT in the html
style it with the css

images (photos) and other little elements grab from the PSD

oh and don't use a table.

CaldwellYSR

EVERYTHING! start again!

go to your PSD and then go to file>print
walk over to your printer and grab the print out

go back to your computer and open up DW
create a new html
create a new css
link the css to the html

work out your structure from the printout
print another one if its helpful

place the structure and ALL OF THE TEXT in the html
style it with the css

images (photos) and other little elements grab from the PSD

oh and don't use a table.

Yep this one... especially the part where it starts... to the part where it ends.

sharkey239

Do I basically have the background of the psd in dreamweaver and then manually position my text and sliced buttons from photoshop via HTML code?

CaldwellYSR

Do I basically have the background of the psd in dreamweaver and then manually position my text and sliced buttons from photoshop via HTML code?

Ummm yes and no. There's no reason to use the sliced buttons for that navigation. A simple navigation menu with minimal css would do that much better. When you use images it's inflexible and it takes longer to load. Honestly your best bet is going to be using that psd only as something to look at while you design the page in code. Then again that background you could take from the psd (just one square) then put it in your background with...

Code:
body {
  background: url('path/to/image.jpg') repeat;
}

JakClark

If it wasn't that the slice tool is useful for email newsletters, etc. - it really shouldn't be there at all.

Sites with no textual content will not prove very popular on search engines and what-have-you.