Need Ideas!

bisnicks

So I recently made a website for my brother and his car detailing service and I am satisfied with the result, however, I need a few ideas.

First, what do you guys think I should do about the blank space in the banner at the right? I can't stand it being so blank! I was thinking maybe a image slideshow or some sort of image logo. If you could make a mockup image or give a detailed explanation of what you were thinking, I would really appreciate it!

Second, please let me know of anything you think I should change, add, remove etc. If you don't like something, let me know! Any other ideas are very appreciated!

The URL is:

http://www.yourcarclean.com/

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would add more padding to the content in the white area, you have plenty of room.

work with that top banner some more, right now it just has a clipped photo of a cooper. has dealership type look. you dont want that because obviously he caters to all automobiles.

Kristi_06

Maybe you could make it an animated flash banner and have the car moving? I agree with you....all that extra space bothers my brain a bit too. A little movement might now hurt, and it does give it a little too much of a dealership feel the way it is set up now. Maybe you should design an actual logo for them instead of just the text for their name and this would also increase the space used in the banner if you were to move it a bit more over to the right.

bisnicks

Thanks for the input! I'll have to try to come up with a new logo! The reason the logo is so plain is because my brother isn't very good with logo design. Detailing isn't his main job either. I'll talk to him about a redesign, although, he's got that logo on all of his business cards!

bret

I like the font, the simplicity, that red. But play with the spacing more. I agree something's off.

ishie

The header has a big blank space at the left part of it. I think you should revise it and expand the image. It's too plain and looks like a blog, and not a professional site.

flakeparadigm

Adding a relevant bit of art to the background of the header on the right will definitely help. make it a lighter shade of that red.

And I definitely agree with the padding in the white area.

To add a relevant back ground, you need to check out some great sites and do a bit of research. its strange that some give the advise and don't do it when it comes to their own site :)

bluecollar01

i think you need more padding around the body copy. it also may not hurt to add info about the products he uses - if they have a name brand that people can identify they can infer that he uses quality products. also, does he have a pricing sheet - rather than listing all services a-la-carte come up with some package deals.

what about offering a multi-car discount or a referral discount - that may help elicit more response. just some ideas. thanks.