Need help

anthony

Hello everyone,

I have a client who wants me to integrate a shopping cart into an existing website. I have never created a website with a shopping cart and do not know where to start. Do I use a shopping cart from a web host? Will I be able to use the current design he already has or will I have to recreate the website? Do you guys know of any tutorials or books that can help me? Any comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

sitemaniac

Does it have to be a full blown shopping cart?

How many products are for sale? Maybe you could just use something like paypal for this. You'd only need to setup a paypal account and set the products up from there and you'd be given the code to insert in your site.

If it's a more complicated proper shopping cart (e.g amazon etc) then hopefully someone else can advise you better.

Good luck.

anthony

Yes they want a full blown shopping cart. They are going to sell alot of products on their website.

Nate_Weller

I actually JUST had this problem, and had a ton of issues because most carts require you to build around them.

If your just using static HTML/CSS pages, you can use FatFreeCart. I don't know the URL, but it should come up if you google it.

It gives you a code snippit which you put in your product details, shipping, etc and then paste into your html. Be very careful when adding your information, if you mess anything up the whole cart won't work.

Anyways, it allows the buyer to checkout with Google Checkout or PayPal. It is actually pretty simple to use, and it is free. You can get fatfreecart pro with extra features but it is something like $10+/month.

EDIT: I'm dumb. The URL is fatfreecart.com

Last edited: