Need help with my corporate website design...

severt

Hi,

For my new company I have outsourced the creation of a total
new website design.

It looks quite good to me, except those 3 images in the header.
Somehow that doesn't look professional enough to me.

It would be really nice if you guys could give your opinion/tips/idea's on this template:
http://www.thenetmen.com/web/iwebit/home10.html

Thanks,
Dennis

v2Media

The webmarketing images aren't good, just rotated and cropped screengraps of google pages. However they aren't bad either.

In doing a google image search for 'web marketing', I see a lot more imaginative ideas. Definately replace them if they irk you, but I don't think your target market is going to say, "Ew! look at those shocking header images, not very professional!".

I would look for replacement images that have a similar style to the icons in the footer.

sysgenmedia

While I'm not necessarily a huge fan of the images' content (just Google screencaps, as v2 mentions), I have a bigger problem with the pixellation of them.

While I agree, the target demographic probably wouldn't leave due to the content, the very low quality of the images is something I'd be concerned with.

One note on finding images for your site: make sure that you actually have rights to use them. Stock image websites especially have been much more aggressive in pursuing those who illegally use their images.

severt

Yes, I'm looking for a way to present those images (or other ones) nicely.
In my opinion those images are messing up the design.

So if someone could point me to an example header where images like these are integrated very well in the design then that would be really great.

Dennis

v2Media

The time that you waste looking for images to plonk in can be invested in honing your creative skills. Open an account at iStockphoto.com. Drill into their assets to discover ways that other designers have resolved the theme. Open photoshop and reproduce their methods, adding your own touch to the solution.