Need help with a logo

athomas

I need help with a simple logo for a gaming forum I'm starting. Seems like whenever I put any text on there, the edges are very "fuzzy". Can't think of another word, but no idea why it's doing that. Tried Verdana, Times, and others. No luck. I also don't know what to add aside from just text. Maybe someone can help there too.

The image is located at: http://www.terrestrialgaming.net/images/styles/senceless/misc/logo.jpg

I can't seem to get anything to work really, Just need it to say

"Terrestrial Gaming.net Gaming Simplified" somehow. Also need it to blend into www.terrestrialgaming.net at the top. (You'll see when you view the image and the site where it goes). (Top left)

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
The "fuzziness" you are referring to is called "pixelation". This is due to the type of file format you are saving the image in. I would avoid JPG format for images with text. GIF is good if the image is not too complex, if it is go with PNG.

However, the best solution (if it is just text) would be to use CSS and style actual HTML text over the image. Use the image as a background, and write text into that element.

If it is not just text, are you looking for logo ideas?

zartwork

If you want to use an interesting font, jpgs are fine, just make sure you set the resolution to 72 dpi and you make it the size you want it to display

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you want to use an interesting font, jpgs are fine, just make sure you set the resolution to 72 dpi and you make it the size you want it to display

you are more likely to get pixelation (when using decorative fonts in images) with a jpg format than any other format. If you do use a jpg format, you find that the quality setting (in Save For Web) will be 70-100. This will create a decent file size which could be smaller by using a alternative format.

Last edited: