Need help finding a decent program please

Daniel29

Ok let me start by saying I am very new to web design.

I have a website very basic a friend built on wordpress. I need something and I say something because I am open to options and I dont know the correct vocabulary for what I need. Anyway I need something that will allow my customers to buy a product categorized by location.

For example:
My customer Sally wants to get her car washed. She works at walmart. I have an account with walmart that allows me to go there on the 1st and the 15th of each month. I want Sally to login to my site choose her location (maybe from a drop down bar or a button or whatever) then she can see the dates I will be there, she can choose one, then she will see the packages I offer. after selecting one she can the pay. On the back end I would like the information she gives such as name, tag #, and location to be printable so when i go to her location ill know whose cars to wash.

HELP:confused:

Daniel29

Please correct me if I am wrong, or misunderstood your asking Daniel29. You mentioned: "I need something that will allow my customers to buy a product categorized by location.", but then you also stated: " I want Sally to login to my site choose her location (maybe from a drop down bar or a button or whatever) then she can see the dates I will be there, she can choose one, then she will see the packages I offer. after selecting one she can the pay. On the back end I would like the information she gives such as name, tag #, and location to be printable so when i go to her location ill know whose cars to wash."

The question is:

1). What is your purpose of allowing your customers to choose a location?
2). Are you saying that no matter where your customer is located, you will show up there? Are you willing to travel / fly out of states, and / or out of your country if encountering a purchase whose destination is far away?

What are you trying to accomplish? Sounds to me like a scam to receive payments due to inconsiderate thoughts and actions on the outcomes without cares & well planned / not even knowing what you are offering yourself, and what your putting out there. Would you fly outside of your residential area for a "ill know whose cars to wash"? Sounds very ridiculous to me whatever is on your mind at the moment :(

No No im sorry I will be at local locations for now. So like every other monday walmart on smith st., every other tuesday mcdonalds on park ave., ect.
please dont worry about my choices its not a scam its a mobile detailing business with corporate accounts.
I need the employees to be able to sign up over the internet before I arrive at the location so Keys can be left with managers or secretary's and be picked up so they can get their vehicle detailed while at work.
Is that a little more clear?

GUDVH

Careful planning with detail instructions in your project / offers so people would know what to expect can demonstrate your legit business and not just "pay me, and I'll try to figure out what to do next."

Until then, do plan, do show, and do instruct those who choose to take on your service / offer well of what's on the table. Bring smiles, build confidence, and make it a business - a LEGIT, well planned, and helpful to those with not a lot of free time to even taking their vehicle for a wash :)

Daniel29

Careful planning with detail instructions in your project / offers so people would know what to expect can demonstrate your legit business and not just "pay me, and I'll try to figure out what to do next."

Until then, do plan, do show, and do instruct those who choose to take on your service / offer well of what's on the table. Bring smiles, build confidence, and make it a business - a LEGIT, well planned, and helpful to those with not a lot of free time to even taking their vehicle for a wash :)

You guys are crazy I found what I need. Be less interested in what im doing and focus on the question next time. My business makes plenty of money and I make it legit. I get checks from large companies who I talked with and agreed to pay for their employees cars to get washed on their dollar.

Keep building websites it what you are good at let me handle my company.

Thanks for nothing and enjoy your weekend

chrishirst

Staff member
Will somebody tell me ... What the hell is wrong with people these days???

EVERYTHING anybody tells them is a personal slight and they get aggressively defensive.

This is a public FORUM and as such is comprised of people who have never met and probably will never meet, thus have absolutely NO influence over the life and times of the other members. NONE OF IT IS PERSONAL.

It is a simple statement of OPINION not a personal attack on your integrity or a jibe the size of your dick!!!!

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
no not everyone it seems just GUDVH, who seems to think this is illegitimate.

which is funny considering he is offering $4.19 for a "cool" link on his site, which to me seems far more illegitimate.

I recently worked on a site whereby you can choose your campus (location), then it would only show the subjects shown at that campus, which then drilled down to specific courses within that subject, which then directed them to the books they needed to purchase for that course.

I used a modified free script for it which seems to work pretty well.
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/chainedmenu/

it's nearly a ten year old script so i'm sure there are better options now.
still I think you could achieve what you need with it.

GUDVH

YES, I am Offering $4.17 for a "COOL" Link

no not everyone it seems just GUDVH, who seems to think this is illegitimate.

which is funny considering he is offering $4.19 for a "cool" link on his site, which to me seems far more illegitimate.

I recently worked on a site whereby you can choose your campus (location), then it would only show the subjects shown at that campus, which then drilled down to specific courses within that subject, which then directed them to the books they needed to purchase for that course.

I used a modified free script for it which seems to work pretty well.
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/chainedmenu/

it's nearly a ten year old script so i'm sure there are better options now.
still I think you could achieve what you need with it.

Yes, Phreaddee,

I am offering $4.17 for a "COOL" link on my website. Are you up for it? Try it. See to it that you get paid. Prove me illegit? ... :D

GUDVH

You guys are crazy I found what I need. Be less interested in what im doing and focus on the question next time. My business makes plenty of money and I make it legit. I get checks from large companies who I talked with and agreed to pay for their employees cars to get washed on their dollar.

Keep building websites it what you are good at let me handle my company.

Thanks for nothing and enjoy your weekend

All "GOOD" guys are crazy! Yes, I am crazy. But, I do everything the LEGIT ways. I don't like to hurt others, though my words seem harsh, but they are there to straighten things out. Black & White, and simply NO coloring.

I am the kind that, if you provide a service, you better provide the service because I paid for it. I want to know what to expect, what is the procedure of events that will take place after my payments completed, and I do not like any hidden / unforeseen funny events occur after you took my money. Been there, done that, seen too many of it. I am tired of it, and NOW I am out hunting them down!...

The GUDVH Network - Home of your all the finer things in life! :)