Need help ASAP with flash header

network1

Hello,

I have a question in regards to building a flash header. If someone could help me as soon as possible that would be much appreciated as I have a deadline.

How would I go abouts make a header similar to http://collective.com/

If anyone could please help me out that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

smoovo

This can be done only with ActionScript. Try this tutorial and others. Google for "dynamic flash size" or "dynamic flash layout".

- Good Luck. :)

Mug

Does it have to be in Flash? There are loads of alternatives that use JS or one of the lightweight libraries. The carousel functionality is Flash but it brings in images and movies using xml. Therefore you could just use Jquery. Do a search for Jquery sliders or carousel or image viewers.

smoovo

Does it have to be in Flash? There are loads of alternatives that use JS or one of the lightweight libraries. The carousel functionality is Flash but it brings in images and movies using xml. Therefore you could just use Jquery. Do a search for Jquery sliders or carousel or image viewers.

Steve asked for Flash banner, same as in the website he provided as an example, so i gave the answer. But sure it can be done with JavaScript (jQuery), but it's a different way.

Last edited: