Need feedback on new website concept

leroy30

Thanks guys! Bout to head to bed *yawn* so I think I'll sleep on it and see how I feel tomorrow. I like it but as always I am biased when it comes to my own designs :D

Cheers,
Le-roy

HireLogo

I think you aren't finished with it quite yet, but I may be wrong. It may just be because I can't navigate!lol It's definitely clean, but is approaching the in between. I'd tone it down or go for it all. I think my mind would change if I was viewing the site design live, but I just can't put my finger on whats bothering me.

lindenalexander

I agree with previous! The site doesn't look quite finished. It's a clean look, and it's okay, but nothing more. And the site isn't even centered? In Safari 6 I can only see half the site (1366x800).

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tan woodgrain doesn't look right with the rest of the page being grays and whites. I do like the gray woodgrain. The page peel effect on the slider looks good, but again not with the tan woodgrain. The added "where to find us" is a nice touch, but the footer(?) area looks better in the original.

So, basically smash them all together, mix them up real good and that should do it.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the grey woodgrain.
id remove it entirely from the slider. let the products breathe a little. they would be more prominent too, with just the grey woodgrain bg and no bg behind them.

leroy30

Getting close...

Concept 2 Development C

Increased the top and bottom margin around the banner as it felt a bit squashed. Added the fax number and aligned the "view all product categories" link with the last category box.

Last edited: