need domain and web space

nukleuz7

Hey all,

Im a graphic designer and i have built my site in dreamweaver, all i need now is somewhere to buy my desired domain name and a good hosting package to upload to but with so many companies offering this and that im having alot of trouble deciding which to go for!

Can anyone reccomend a few companies, prefferably where i can do the whole thing in one go insted of domain from one company and space from another?
I have checked out 1&1 but they dont provide .co.uk domains.

cheers for your time and any help.

Wingnut

ohduck.com

hey i go through ohduck.com you get your domain name for only 1.99 us dollors when you just pay for webhosting which is only like 4.99 or something.

i have never found anything better!

anoosh

reseller hosting

You may want to get a reseller plan since you are a web designer. Alternatively get your own server. This will fix your monthly costs and with each new customer will lead to profits for you.

StephanieCordray

You're better off buying the domain and hosting separately when you want/need extensions that aren't as widely available as the standard ones are. Directnic should have .co.uk as well as goDaddy but I wouldn't buy hosting from GoDaddy... they are great for domain name purchase but suck at hosting and customer service.

One reason for that is not having to be stuck with a bad host for a long period of time... say some who offer free domains with a 1 or 2 year subscription... it could be money lost if the hosting isn't as good as claimed. Best to buy hosting on a monthly basis initially to make sure you're comfortable with the company and their customer service before purchasing hosting for extended periods.

thats always fine, alot of companies will offer what you need but be especially careful searching for your hosting provider. Let us know if we can answer any questions.