Need design ideas for more cohesiveness

cybergrrl

See this page for a rough draft:
http://www.techsuitesolutions.com/dev/

This customer is a contractor whose homepage originally consisted of the house image shown on this page with his name and a brief nav bar below it, all in blue shades. He recently started offering the service of seismic retrofitting and wants to show both retrofitting and remodeling on his homepage, using the faultline logo for the retrofitting part and definitely making the user notice the faultline part first.

The problem is trying to give it a cohesive look and feel because of the contrast between the logos. I moved the nav bar to the top and made the links red but it needs more than that to make the two fit together. Any ideas?

webdevcloud

Change the Navigation color from Blue to something else or Grey. Design seems too simple. Add a shadow border for the main box at least. That will make it more interesting. Give the house image a round border or something.

doug_eike

Would your client accept any changes to the header/name/logo? "David Leech Inc" seems terribly bland. Even some punctuation would help some: "David Leach, Inc.", for example.

One suggestion would be to design a small logo-symbol in the form of a house (like the one in the big image) with some drafting lines to symbolize the work offered. That might make the header and the big image more compatible.

I would also ensure that the word "Faultline" in the menu bar is a term that is clearly understood by the potential clients/readers. To me, without the explanation below, it has no meaning whatsoever.

Good luck with finishing your design!