Need advice

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's a good, clean layout.

A couple things. It's a little on the boring side, possibly due to the color scheme. Also, a couple of the images at the top have a different background color than the rest of the header.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whipped this up really fast, prolly could do better with more time.

Another thought, lose the dude in the header, maybe a constellation of a controller? I don't know. Dude just looks out of place.

omglookitsagoat

the banner at the top took too long to load on my screen. Also, I think the typography could use some improvement. Generally, most professional graphic designers avoid drop shadows. it might look more professional if you did the same. Also, is it necessary to state the title of the site twice? It says it in the banner and the body content area. Rollover effects in the nav could also be a nice touch. make sure it goes with the color scheme, though.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
the dude in the header reminds me of that weedy guy in linkin park thats always whinging about something....
the header image itself is 377kb, and simply too big.

actually you'll be suprised how many GD use drop shadows, just a lot more subtle, (like 9%, 1px shift)

Last edited:

omglookitsagoat

at first glance, even with the game characters in the banner, it's hard to tell what your website is about. Maybe you should have a subheading to describe it a little. I always add a subheading under the title to give the site content more description if the name doesn't describe it well enough.