need advice for dealing with website problems specific to a person's computer

aracaris

Recently I had a client that encountered a problem with a site that ended up being something that only was happening to their own computer, but was not showing up on any of my own computers, and not in any of the many browsers I tested the site in. Even if we are using the same browser, they will encounter the problem, while it will work and function just fine for me.
Trying to trouble shoot these problems is like trying to design while blind, because I generally have no way of accessing a client's computer to find out what is different about it that is causing the problem. Fortunately I was able to fix the problem, but it's a little frustrating trying to fix something that I can't actually see.

Any advice for how to go about trouble shooting problems that are specific to an individual's computer?

Anyone else encountered issues like this?

Last edited:

aracaris

hmm interesting, I'll definitely check it out. Something like that might come in handy sometimes, all though some of my clients are mainly mac users. I have XP on one computer, but it's not professional. I'll have to see if they have something like this for 7 too.

Last edited: