My wordpress theme

tsm1248

Well tell me what you guys think so far (not completely done yet). 2nd one

Ps use firefox or safari first off i used rgba values which are not supported in any ie version yet im sure and it is also not supported in opera + png transparency which doesn't work with ie very well at all.I hate cross browser compatibility

http://etech-hq.info/

Last edited:

Geodun1

It's getting there. I'm not so sure yet though, graphically it doesn't really satisfy me. GFX tends to be my area of experience, so it's one of those things I can speak on.

I like the colored bars on the side, but their being used again in the header is a little annoying. Perhaps a header redesign should be considered?

Geodun1

What does your site provide? Services/etc.? What sort of products have you made so far? What is the goal/point of your site?

Think about those questions, write down the answers, and design something that achieves it.

tsm1248

well its just really a personal site for me and 2 friends we just use it for practice and i show my teacher t school who sucks at web design and i get awards at school for it so yea thats just about it and i post tutorials sometimes when i get bored so mean its all about it looking good

Last edited:

Geodun1

I like the new header btw. The only thing I have to critique on the header is that I think you should of worked that green color in somehow. Try figuring a way to incorporate that color in, and it should really pull your theme together!

EDIT: I also think you should experiment a bit with different fonts. A thinner font (Arial, Helvetica, etc.) might complement your header better :)

tsm1248

yo check out the new header tell me what u think ok i just changed it again i added a few createive elements but thanks for the advice ill mix it up a bit with the fonts in recent and category headers

Geodun1

It's a WEE bit busy, but it's definitely there. Good job :)

On an off topic note, if you're ever in a pinch on the graphic front, I might be interested in helping out. I can't really devote time to being a full team member though, I have a website of my own to finish and get up, along with a list of potential clients to handle :)

AprilMaybe

Hey there...first that's a really slick design I like it...pretty impressive for one so young. A few things you could consider changing was that your box for categories is a few pixels lower than your main content box. Also you have made it rounded corners there while the other boxes are not i.e. categories header and footer. And maybe move your log-in/register links into the same area as your home/about me/about section. That way you can make your right and left margins even. One last thing change (sorry lol) about to contact so you eliminate the appearance of redundancy. Then when someone clicks on it you could throw in that team member thing so that would be in it's own section instead of thrown in with the how to type section on the home page. Just some ideas for you to consider. Otherwise a cool looking site :)