my website...for a contest

scongiundi

hi guys,

My buddy and I are working on this website for an international contest. I am the web designer, and I was wondering if you could check my site out.

http://congbaca.vectorstar.net/genetics/index.htm

I don't expect a full analysis (if u can, though, that would be great :D ), but just go there, and click around for a few seconds, or minutes, and tell me what you notice that could be fixed. I realize that there are still some kinks to be worked out, but that's where i need your help.

Thanks,
sam

I like the buttons with the DNA strands on them. It really represents your site and is very unique. I found the body text hard to read on the brown background with the unique scrolling. I like the idea, I just find it hard to see. If you could make it easier for the consumer to read, it will boost your stats for your competition greatly. Overall great job on the layout and keep working on it to improve it.
Regards,
TutorialWizard

scongiundi

TutorialWizard said:
I like the buttons with the DNA strands on them. It really represents your site and is very unique. I found the body text hard to read on the brown background with the unique scrolling. I like the idea, I just find it hard to see. If you could make it easier for the consumer to read, it will boost your stats for your competition greatly. Overall great job on the layout and keep working on it to improve it.
Regards,
TutorialWizard

Thank you for the feedback. You talk about text on a brown background... but as far as I know, I don't have a brown background anywhere on my site. And the unique scrolling... do you mean the scroll bar on the "main" frame?

Thanks,
Sam

Winterchase

And...

scongiundi said:
hi guys,

My buddy and I are working on this website for an international contest. I am the web designer, and I was wondering if you could check my site out.

http://congbaca.vectorstar.net/genetics/index.htm

I don't expect a full analysis (if u can, though, that would be great :D ), but just go there, and click around for a few seconds, or minutes, and tell me what you notice that could be fixed. I realize that there are still some kinks to be worked out, but that's where i need your help.

Thanks,
sam

Nice, on a subject that interest me. However, check your grammar and spelling. In one place you said, "her" but I think you meant "here." And "bye." Move it down to the next paragraph where you do go "bye" with the text :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I dont like the use of frames. The actual content area is too small in relation to the rest of the page.
The header area is probably too big.

scongiundi

yeah, that's what i was thinking too,... the content area is too small. i'm just trying to figure a way to move it up without distorting anything. other than that... why don't u like the frames?

ian

Administrator
Staff member
From a search engine optimisation point of view I dont like them.