My two domains, help

Which one?

• [url]www.creamedice.com[/url]

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • [url]www.priceypixel.com[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Artoonie

I am creating a graphics website, and I bought www.creamedice.com.
However, after a lot of reading up, I realized one should have a domain matching their site, so I bought www.priceypixel.com.
I just noticed today that Creamed Ice has a pagerank of 2 when using the "www." in front (it is 0 without it).
However, i still have very few visitors, and due to recent construction, I am down to about 25/day (basically nothing, just passer-bys)

So my question is: should I stick with creamed ice, or go to pricey pixel?

Thanks,
Artoonie

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i don't don't really like priceypixel.com because it implies that your products are pricey/expensive. i would stick with creamed ice or possibly try and find something that suites the bill a bit better.

personally, i don't see why a sites name would need to relate to its topic. while it would make it easier to market, in the end i don't think it really makes a difference.

aswebdesign

I'd stick with creamedice.com as it has already got over 1700 pages indexed by Google and has over 1300 backlinks in Yahoo.

Unless pixel is your main keyword that you plan to target there is no real SEO benefit of changing to priceypixel.com.

Artoonie

zkiller-pricey pixels slogan is "the most expensive FREE graphics site!", but i guess even with caps, people may get confused why "pricey" is in there.

aswebdesign-pixel would be a main keyword

also, it's kind of hard to make a layout with "creamed ice", because people feel it is an ice cream related site. so if i should stay, should i make the layout related to ice cream at all?

Thanks,
Toonie

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
zkiller-pricey pixels slogan is "the most expensive FREE graphics site!", but i guess even with caps, people may get confused why "pricey" is in there.
lol, i kind of like that slogan.

also, it's kind of hard to make a layout with "creamed ice", because people feel it is an ice cream related site. so if i should stay, should i make the layout related to ice cream at all?
i would advise against making a ice cream related layout. i think it would only add to the confusion.

i think deep down you may have already made the decision to switch domain names.

why not keep the creamedice.com name in place as an alias and use priceypixel.com as your primary? that way you could still take advantage of the SEO work already done for creamedice.com.

Artoonie

lol, i kind of like that slogan.

i would advise against making a ice cream related layout. i think it would only add to the confusion.

i think deep down you may have already made the decision to switch domain names.

why not keep the creamedice.com name in place as an alias and use priceypixel.com as your primary? that way you could still take advantage of the SEO work already done for creamedice.com.
haha, exactly what i was looking to hear, i just didnt know it consciously.

Thanks a lot! you've always been the biggest noob, <3

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I am not a big fan of either, though they are both not bad, I think creamedice.com is not relevant. I think priceypixel.com implies that your services are more expensive, which is probably not a good thing, but at least it is relevant. So I would probably go with that.
Then again creamedice.com may not be too bad, there is a popular web development company called rustybrick.com