My site's design

jabio

Hi,

could you please rate the design of my site?

It would be great if you could aim on navigation and graphics.

Thanks a lot

web67

well, nice then, these days most of people just follow the templates, very few people work in a creative manner

Last edited:

jabio

well, I like doing things by myself. I think that using own creative manners makes web more original :)

040hosting

Jabio, nice site, personally a bit to much red for me (but hey, taste differs between person to person, don't make this make you feel down!)

I agree with your statement that creative manners make the web more original, keep up the good work.

c)solutions

I have to be honoust with you. I dont realy see a big design in your site. It looks like you gave a lot of attention to the content, but not realy to the design. From a graphical point of view I find the site quite borring.

Nowadays when you wanne make a difference, your site needs to be noticed. When people visit your site for the first time they will be shocked by the huge amount of text. Make sure you put the text in de readable blocks. When you scroll down a bit on your side, you dont see anymore to which part of the text your heading belongs to.
Also play a bit more with you typography. I wouldnt put the headers both in bold and italic, this is to much. Just make them font-weght: normal; and non-italic.

If you make a top image, realy give it some space (lets say 250px). This narrow pic you have now is a bit too narrow for the effect you gave it.

There is nothing to say about the navigation, thats quite clear. Maybe a home button?

Hope you dont take it personal, I think the base of the site is good, but you just need to develop it a bit more.

Good luck doing so.
http://www.csolutions.nl

web67

solutions, well professionals targeted sites dont really need design

like if u have a site related to engineering project, tyheres no point in having cool flash graphis in it

that sort of graphics are more meant to drive attention of non technical audience

Last edited:

jabio

to c)solutions : Thanks for good suggestions :) ... I didn't take it personal :)

So how to do the headers? What would you advice me?

OSEKmedia

Looks cool, you should try recoding it with out the tables, this will greatly improve your search engine performance. Using divs will give you more control as well as many other benefits.

c)solutions

@ web67:
Don't agree with you that sites targeted on professionals don't need design. Every site needs to be designed. A good desgin helps to navigate thru the site and makes your users come back. If your target group is a basic audience, then keep your looks basic aswell, but every good site needs (graphic, interaction, multimedia, etc) design.

There is a big differences between 'flash graphics' and nice graphics. Nice graphics can make your site more useable and more user friendly.

c)solutions

@ jabio:
I wouldnt make them so heavy.

maybe try something like this in your css:
h2 {font-family: arial; font-size: 25px; font-weight: normal; margin: 20px 0 0 0px;}

I agree on Osekmedia, make your site in divs and not in tables. At leat put p tags around your basic text and maybe you could give these tags the following style:

p {font-family: arial; font-size: 11px; margin: 0px 0 20px 0;}

jabio

@ OSEKmedia :

I am recoding it to divs. The power with divs is much higher than with tables.

And if I can ask : How do divs improve SEO performance? Does searchbot give "more points" to my site?