my portfolio site

daveheinzel

Hi Craig,

Overall, nice portfolio. I don't have any issues with the big picture. The Home page and the About page are very similar, and I wonder if the overlap is worth the existence of both. Maybe you could have less 'about' info on the home page and save it for the About page.

My biggest issue is with the contact form. The background of the fields is not white, but the textured grid-like background you use in other places. This is distracting. Also the small size of the input fields seems quite dated. Also, when I go from one field to the next without entering anything (granted, I'm just testing), the warning labels that pop up are quite ugly to my taste. And if I resize the page while they're visible, they don't move with the contact form. Finally with the form, the 'Send Details' link is too busy. A simple submit button would work better, I would think.

Your portfolio itself is nice. Good selection of work, and nice layout. As I scroll down, the center column items become uneven horizontally with their neighbors. It might help to clear the floats between each row to prevent this.

Nice work though. The site, and your samples, give a very professional feel.

Lizyd Design

Work on your <title>.
It has "- |" on the home page.
Not sure how to say that in an intelligent sounding manner. :)
On the portfolio and testimonials pages, don't use your URL in the title. This has no extra SEO benefit.