My photo website

sogj

It's not done yet (I don't have a gallery and the email link doesn't work) but, I don't know, I feel like something's missing from it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

www.amberbutler.com

Thanks!
sogj

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I think the site looks quite nice.
The areas I would change are, and I can only comment on the html version
1. the heart shaped logo would look better if it had a pink background as opposed to grey so that it blended with the background.
2. When you mouse over any of the navigation links, the color changes to the same color as the background and the text becomes invisible, I would chose a different color for mouseover effect.
3. I would try and use a slightly bigger font on the about and details page. I found the text too small and hard to read.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
2. When you mouse over any of the navigation links, the color changes to the same color as the background and the text becomes invisible, I would chose a different color for mouseover effect.
3. I would try and use a slightly bigger font on the about and details page. I found the text too small and hard to read.
i second these points. otherwise the site looks quite nice. :)

scott

yep its a very nice site well done but i would try and make the header a little more exiting

kiko_friendly

Nice look.
Flash site doesn't work in Firefox - I reccommend (sp) that you download Firefox and check that your site works in IE, AND FF. :)
Slightly plain, if you ask me.

I can't think of what else you might want to add. Hmm...
Maybe some images on the sites - examples of your photography to get people interested in the first place? Maybe they could change from page to page.

Artoonie

Nice look.
Flash site doesn't work in Firefox - I reccommend (sp) that you download Firefox and check that your site works in IE, AND FF. :)
Slightly plain, if you ask me.

I can't think of what else you might want to add. Hmm...
Maybe some images on the sites - examples of your photography to get people interested in the first place? Maybe they could change from page to page.
It works fine for me in firefox.

On the html site, the background of the navigation area seems a little plain, there's a big block of pink, so perhaps a very slight gradient?

nice work :)

solidgold

took waaaaaaaay too long to load, as i write this its a 57% after 3 minutes, which is jsut crazy, why is the gallery hosted externally? there are a million possible ways to make your gallery amazing using flash, why not use theM