My new site design (please feedback before launch!)

LDAsh

Please test and criticise my site!!! :D

I've decided to post for help here now, instead of the "help wanted" section, because it doesn't look like I can get reasonable paid help from anyone unless I fully submit to them and let them take 100% control, for thousands of dollars.

Now I've gotten to the point alone where I am happy enough, even though it's far from perfect and has many problems, it does basically do what I wanted, including stable scalability, at different zooms and resolutions, as well as compatibility, and the type of menu system I've been wanting for years. With a big thanks to member Phreaddee for leading me down the correct path, the site has all its graphical decoration stuffed into the CSS instead of the HTML, leaving it lean to have the actual content be viewed on phones and other handhelds, as well as be printed correctly, which is something I never considered before.

So what I'm after now is mostly technical criticism and advice, testing on different browsers and handhelds, any help you can offer or any bugs/design-flaws you find. I will continue to develop it the only ways I know how, and after about a month, if I can't make it any better, I will launch anyways.

Here's the site:-
http://www.violae.net/_/2/

And thank you!!!

- some repeating background graphics become "dislodged" at certain zooms (dynamic info menu and content framing) (IE).
- graphics pre-loading doesn't seem to work correctly.
- can't select (content) body-text (line-height?).

Last edited:

gozerene

I like the design if it is for something like a gaming site.

Your drop down nav is working as expected.

One of my favourite design features is using: p { line-height: 140%; }

Maybe not a big deal, but I can't select the body text if I wanted to copy/paste it in Firefox or Safari.

Please review my site if you have a sec: http://www.webdesignforum.com/18102-please-review-ziptimetracker-com.html

yeah i do agree with ZipTimeTracker! It's like a gaming site. I do love it's designs. Keep it up man!

Web*design NYC
NY Web Design Firm

LDAsh

Thanks for the comments, and thanks for the help ZipTimeTracker!

I have another problem now, though. I've attempted to start styling and trying to refine the text, always using Firefox, and now I've broken the site in Internet Explorer and not sure how. :(

I may need to hit the books again and start all over with that part of it. Also concerned about its performance, it's really too heavy. At the very least, have a "lite" version.

RogueLayered

I like it and love the design, really gives the gamer feeling. The drop down menu's are cool too, makes it easy to navigate. The text and background coordinates well, a blue background is easy on the eyes too.