My Freelancing Site

jamesbowers

Hi, i was just wondering what people thought of my site? www.flash-station.com. It's a freelancing site, where i make practically anything to do with Flash for people, at reeeeeeaaallly cheap prices. It would really help to get an honest outside opinion.

Thanks,

James Bowers

Last edited by a moderator:

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I just edited the link because it was incorrect.
My main opinion is that everything is way way way tooo big.
Also with the navigation links, I dont like the way when you mouseover, it switches completely to white where you cant see anything and then it just changes to the same image as before the mouseover. Also that effect should be faster.

hikoboshi

"but that's sposed to be the point. Everything's in your face so you wanna buy it"

I would NOT, no matter how desperate, drunk, or delirious, even consider buying anything from a site like that.

Listed below are my thoughts as I view your site as a viewer/ potential customer:
1. The black background depresses me
2. I find the italicized text childish (the same goes for the logo and reflected text)
3. Your style doesn't suggest a professional attitude to the work you do.
4. There are too few examples of your work.
5. Your work is (in my sincere attempt to be constructive) lacking in thought, direction or style.
6.There are spelling and grammar mistakes aplenty. "Solution" has only one "L".
I could go on, but these were the main problems in my opinion.

To paraphrase- rein it in a bit. "in your face" is not a good thing.

StephanieCordray

Mr. Bowers,
The first time I ever had a site critqued it was, quite honestly, horrible. However, once the injured feelings began to subside, I took the criticism that was proffered and worked to better myself and my designs. I looked at your site, too, but refrained from commenting because I couldn't find enough positives to offset the negatives. Take what they have given you and make it better. You have the know how to use flash which is a great asset but knowing how to do something and doing it GREAT are two different things.

jamesbowers

im working on a new look now, do you think a white theme would look alright? i think it would make the site look tidy and "clean" rather than the unorganised theme i alreasy have.

RAJO

change the white bg
change the font and the color of your logo
+ enrich your library of examples