My First Website

SemperFidelis

Hi everyone,

For the past few weeks I have been working on an e-commerce site to promote my photography business.

I have very little HTML/coding experince, so this site took me a fair while, but I am pretty happy with it.

Please visit SemperFi Photography and provide me with some reviews/critiques/suggestions.

I would greatly appreciate some feedback on :
- layout
- content
- colour scheme
- is it search engine friendly

Any additional tips or suggestions would also be appreciated.

Thankyou in advance :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The site looks good, the photo's are greate, nice to see it is search friendly.
I think the logo could do with some work though.
Also instead of those large map/flag images, perhaps you could try smaller flag type images and text.

SemperFidelis

ian said:
The site looks good, the photo's are greate, nice to see it is search friendly.
I think the logo could do with some work though.
Also instead of those large map/flag images, perhaps you could try smaller flag type images and text.

Thankyou very much for the feedback Ian, appreciated :)

As you can gather from around the site, graphics is not something Im a master of!

I have used the large flags mainly to easily identify, but also to fill out the space a bit more substantially at higher resolutions, whilst still catering for the 800x600 market.

John84

Well done. The little vertical line in your header makes it look out of place. A border around your images would be nice. Once again, well done.

SemperFidelis

John84 said:
Well done. The little vertical line in your header makes it look out of place. A border around your images would be nice. Once again, well done.

Thanks for taking the time to reply John84, appreciate it :)

The little line was to create a point of sepration in the header, Ill have a think about removing it tho.

As for the border, do you mean on the viewproduct (looking at one photo) or on the view category (looking at the list of photos) or perhaps even on both ?

John84

Im thinking a properly styled border on any and all photographs on your page may help to blend the photos in with the rest of the page.

Craig

Maybe you could have a drop shadow on the pictures to make them stand out more, im not sure how it would look but it might be worth a try. Also the lines above the navigation sticks out. Good job for a first website though

SemperFidelis

Hey John84,
If you have the time could you please provide a visual of what you mean ?

Same for your suggestion Craig.

Thankyou kindly in advance :)