my first website

moose88

Hello guys, I just recently made a blog - and used a wordpress template which I went on to edit. a lot of sleepless nights, and pulling my hair out, but I think its near completion.

original theme:
http://test2.think-four.com/

my blog:
http://www.pursuitofmoney.com

would like to hear what you guys think, and any improvements I could make

..ps I am thinking of changing the "recent posts" image on the home page, because i dont think it suits the style of the page.

other known problems:
When you click forum or contact, it still shows the picture for "most recent post" - I will fix this later by adding hyperlinks to the appropriate pages.

the homepage is static, it shows the most recent post - I have to manually input the title, as the code i used doesn't fetch the title of the post/only the post itself.

*also i just noticed when i scroll up and down on my site, it seems very jumpy and sluggish, compared to other sites. Any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance. moose88

Last edited:

AK Web Design

Nice site. Better than what I expected (keep in mind, I only looked at the home page). I just think you need someone else in the top right corner where it says "forum" and contact." Looks a little empty.

aracaris

It's a good start, but I have to say that the somewhat light gray text on a white background is really hard to read. I know you didn't make the theme from scratch, so you might not yet know how to change the color of the font (?), but I really think it would help a lot to make it darker.

I also recommend taking off how much money you have made so far until you actually have made money, and you'd probably be best off to wait until you've made a fairly substantial amount to shout it out to the world. You are basically saying "Hey I've made no money! Check out how I've made no money!" No one's going to want to know how you've managed to make no money, unless your using a bit of sarcasm and are going to tell your visitors what to do to avoid not making any money.

Last edited: