My First web template and Wordpress theme

ink-light

hi all
this my first clean design site it take from around a week to finish it ..(I'm still in beginning )..her is the site
http://ink-light.zxq.net/index.html
and you can access to the Wordpress theme from here
http://inklight.lol-hosting.tk/blog/
I make the site designed in classic way ..my next project will be modern one ..
my first opinion to make it clean and compatible with must site "even i try it on IE 6"
Same thing with blog theme "i think it's take from me month to understand how wordpress theme work "
and it's modified from Wordpress classic theme ...
At last.. your opinions is very import to me..

Thanks ..

Last edited:

Paultbk

Hi Salem, the site looks like a good first try...Might want to brush up on English or have a proofreader for you, if you are trying to target an English audience. First thing I noticed was your logo says Web 2 pefect...I think it should be perfect. There are also numerous errors through the site (smaple instead of sample..etc)
I think the tiled background looks very tiled. Might want to smooth that out a bit. If you are really interested in selling websites and themes, you may want to hire out a designer for you, or take a course in photoshop. I myself am not very good design, so I just code what the artsy people give me.
I applaude you for trying to get the site to work nice with IE6...I have given up myself.

ink-light

Paultbk thanks for fast replay ..and you post was very helpful to me ..
I'm not native English speaker so I do some mistake "I event not notice that until now "
The banner i design it using Inkscape "best program i can design on it "..
I add the background i add it in a hurry(if that the word) just to fill the empty area
and about photoshop I'm not that good with it..but I'm still trying with it
i just run the site in IE6 and Layout work as good . but IE6 not show up the graphic correctly .and the list not appear the same (there is big space between the buttons ).
for selling template I'm not ready to that yet..now i keep learning .
just I want ask you(or any one in the forum) to advice me about wordpress theme..
thanks

Last edited:

ink-light

its not up to par with most web design company websites
i know ..i just want it to be clean and compatible with must browsers ..and for sure to test my skill in HTML and CSS
any way i done copy for IE6 with less issue here
http://ink-light.zxq.net/indexIE.html
even some big design company ignore IE6 in some details (specially PNG files transparent )
i have example here (if this allowed here ) http://www.newsdemon.com/

As i mention before any suggestions about wordpress theme ..

Last edited:

bcee

I, personally, am not a big fan of the header design but for your first WP theme I think you did very well and must have gained a valuable bit of knowledge in development.

I would change the permalinks in WP to something more attractive like /%category&/%postname%.

ink-light

bceethanks for advice .I change permalink ..it's much better now ...
about the blog header first I try to make the "title bar" more combining with the banner style ..same thing with background .."in fact I design the banner first"
any way there is alot of ideas for designing the title bar .

Matthew Wilson

I don't know what to say.
It looks modern, but ten years late too.

I don't know..
All I'd say is that I clicked on it, and wasn't interested. Looked at the design, left.

ink-light

i'll modify the in the first page "your right it's ten years later "
looks at what i say in first post
I make the site designed in classic way ..my next project will be modern one .
And i hope if you specify more about
is that I clicked on it, and wasn't interested. Looked at the design, left.

v2Media

Good on you for finishing a design. There are a lot of issues with the site however. Spelling is the top issue. On every page there are spelling mistakes and your grammar is terrible.

A good first attempt in that you took the site to completion. But I would consider it a test run only. Honestly, it is not good enough to pass as professional work. My advice would be to 1) design in your native language - forget English, 2) don't try and pass yourself off as a company. It's obvious that you're a solo amateur. So forget the "We", "Our" and "Us" and stick to "My" and "I".

ink-light

yes i know my English not that good ..
All text i put on the site was just for test...as well as all site its .
.. any way i hope if you take a look at wordpress theme because it take much more time to finish it (around a month )..
and if you have any idea to improve the site layout ..
even if that change are bigger then this site ...I'll be ready do that .
my main goal here to make the layout good enough ..and the graphic as well .
thanks .

Matthew Wilson

i'll modify the in the first page "your right it's ten years later "
looks at what i say in first post
And i hope if you specify more about

Classic, hmm..I read it, but thought it didn't mean well - old.
Sorry, I just don't like those designs because I'm tech-savvy.

I looked at it and left because I thought the owner was dead...If it looks like it's ten years ago, I usually assume the website is outdated.