My first web site please review

sjames853

This is my first website. there isnt much to it but its correct and validates and its from scratch in notepad++. I post this up here hoping to brainstorm on the possibilities i could do to it. The site is for my uncle with a painting business. i Know ill need alot more. Its really for myself to see progress.

What i would like is a review of is the source. am i headed in the right direction. And then css. is my css ok. just needs a lot more developing? I am really focused on correct html and css but i feel stuck for ideas on format and page layout. Any feedback is appreciated.

http://www.srpainting.co.cc/

And also hosting info would be appreciated like why it takes me to the index instead of actual homepage. if i dont add the /painting.html?

The pictures are not mine. credit goes to their owners.

Last edited:

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
index is the default of any domain unless you specify otherwise.

the html/css might validate but thats not the "be all, end all" of it.
it just means you dont have any typos.

there is not much to "review" as far as the code is concerned, but at least its not in a table...

your css is a bit messy though, and theres a fair bit of redundant css there as well (like background-color:transparent )

sjames853

thank you. i like the feedback.i was going to go over the css and tidy it up. other than that what would be some opinions on design. just create more content or a different layout . im at a loss here.

any more feedback is appreciated

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
well the layout isnt that exciting, but you didnt want a review on that (as far as I can tell anyway)...

for instance the gallery page has no images????
its hard to critique a "gallery" with no images

the "past jobs" page also could have some interesting layout in it as well, but as it stands its a little bland (and is just a copy of the about page anyway)

your "contact us" page needs a form. you have Name, Phone Number and Address, but they are just text. they need to be a form.

"Another splash of paint" is meant to be an image, but it doesn't appear to exist.

not a big fan of the BG color and the image in the header is over compressed

HTML:
<h2><strong> About Us</strong> </h2>
just doesnt make sense, there is no need for strong tags on an element that is, by default, bold.

and why with the validation badges?