My first site

Peak Times

Based on some of the previous sites that have been posted for review I know that my site is fairly basic however I would welcome any comments whether painful or not that you may have.

www.peak-times.com

This is my first attempt at site design, Frontpage is my preferred tool as it was the easiest to progress with though I do have the full Macromedia Suite. I have learnt as I have gone along and have had no formal training on any product so please try not to laugh to much.

I am not promoting this site yet as this is hopefully for next year.

Many thanks,

Mike

SiteExpress

First time?

I am impressed. It looks really nice, all things considered.

My only comments are..

I like the colors, and layout.

Watch font styles. If you use a font, that I do not have on my computer, it will display as something totally different. The heading "Welcome to Peak Times" is in a font that not everyone may have.

In Internet Explorer everything seems to line up ok, but in Firefox, some of the images overlap the words. You might download the firefox browser, so that you can check your site in both. Firefox is very popular, and a good deal of your visitors will be using it.

Great job so far, and keep up the good work.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The site looks great, a job well done.
only thing I can comment on, is as said above, the text "Welcome to Peak design" does not match the font used for the rest of the site, it would probably look better if it matched.
Also I think the "latest news" and "contact us" links in the navigation menu should appear directly under the "summer programme" link.
Finally, the two photographs of "annette and mike" should appear higher up in the page.

fart

Well done...

as though its your first times im very impressed!
I am still creating my site =-3 months now :eek:-=

Well done...

CSJ Inc.

ISDProductions

i like how the font for "peak times" isn't the same as for the rest of the site, makes it stand out a bit, in a good way...good job on the site

SiteExpress

I like it as well. I am not implying that he change it. Just cautioning him that using some fonts, since it is his first site.

Peak Times

Many thanks indeed for all the positive feedback and the comments made. I have continued to review the site myself and am in the process of changing a number of pages as it seems that when these pages were viewed by someone who had their favourites list open, the images and text contained in layers shot to the right of the screen.

I am now removing the layers and using tables instead which though time consuming prevents this from happening.

One problem that this has presented me with it that when inserting an image into a layer, and auto thumbnailing it, I was able to add a border that was not directly attached to the image (as per the existing Villa Portillon page).

I have tried to do this when inserting an image into a cell to no avail. i know that I can create a border using the cell itself but this is cumbersome and difficult as the thumbnail does not sit squarely in the associated cell.

Does anyone know how to get around this.

Again many thanks for the feedback so far.

kingpup

Definitely need to deal with the Firefox issues. Like someone else said, photos sometimes overlapping text and text sometimes rendered out of its boundries.

Otherwise, a very nice looking site. I love that snow font.

Someone once told me it's a good idea to develop sites for Firefox first, then deal with the niggles of other browsers. I did that with mine, and it's perfect in Firefox but some of the layers are faulty in IE. Can't have everything I suppose.