My Company's new Website

SeanBV

My company just launched our new website. I have been asked to get educated opinions about the layout, functionality, easy of use, etc. I figured, what better place to ask then a website design forum? So here it is:

www.bannerview.com

We are very open to all constructive criticism, so please feel free to dissect this as much as you can. We take professional, well thought out opinionated responses very seriously. Thank you all for taking the time to look.

-Sean

Your a "web design service" that has an empty head tag and all the meta and links to stylesheets in the body... I stopped there.

d a v e

"offerings" ? what does that mean - sounds like some sort of religious collection or sacrifice ;)

fully justified text is very hard to (pun coming) fully justify :) stick to left-aligned.

left-align all the headings

text is too small

transitional doctype? what are you using that's heading for deprecation? :)

favicon doesn't really work - dark background maybe??

i'm not sure whether the dark business-like, theme is a little severe or maybe i mean austere for the image i think you're going for with the main group photo, but that could be just my taste - it might be right on the money for your target group

anna

I'm just wondering from the image if you're all vying for a spot on Family Fued? :)

I would suggest that you slow the animation on the home page down just a bit. I would also caution you against making your "offerings" (Haha Dave, I'm thinking about sacrifices now :)) background images too transparent. The second one is a little hard to read.

In general, the site seems to have too much contrast and too much information on every page. My eyes get tired from the color scheme and all the stuff. Personally, I don't care for the animations like the one on the "support" page, they scream "cheesy 1990's site". I would add a current effect on the nav menu so users know what page they're on.

Hope this helps!

Well they WERE empty at least. So now that it looks to be corrected. I think my main issue is with the overall flow of the site. The different pages don't seem to have any cohesion to them. I also looked at your portfolio. First site, sound and no way to stop it... I again stopped there.

SeanBV

Thank you all for your feedback. We have been looking into these items and will make changes. All of this information is very helpful. Thanks again!

-Sean

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
one thing I can say...
thank you for having an actual image of you guys on the site.
cant say how much I hate stock photos of folk staring dreamily up at glass buildings, or corporate big wigs shaking hands and looking at "important" documents, etc etc...as soon as I see that, its as big of a turn off as animated gifs, pop up windows and music blaring without a stop button!
the design is a little dark perhaps....

bcee

Not bad. I like the condensed navigation and the photo with the logo on the shirts.

One potential problem I see is it seems the main call to action may be below the fold on some browsers. Also some of the text spacing is a bit messy but I am on an older browser ATM.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The site looks great, I dont quite like how in the image everyone is wearing tshirts with jackets. I would just wear normal clothes or the tshirts. Yes kudos for using a real photo and not some fake stock photo.

sufix

Yes the clothes are a bad match. The jackets without the tshirts or the tshirts allone would be much better.;)

rgray80

lol, tough crowd! I like the color scheme; I've always been a fan of websites with bark bkgs (such as mines!), but I don't necessarily sense a whole lot of excitement when I visit it. Can't quite put my finger on it. But that doesn't mean that the site is bad.

Matthew3man

Seems a little too dark, dull and corporate for me - take a look at other web design companies and try and come up with something a little more creative. Most of your clients will want to see your creativity - now is a good time to start showing them.