My Client Website (Promotional Pros)

krymson

I'll keep it simple...

Old Site: www.promotionalpros.com

New Site: http://promotionalpros.krymsonproductions.co.cc/mock2/index.html
its still a work in progress so only the home and contact pages are actually working links.

Im in the process of building the about us and other services pages. The side nav is going to link off to other sites like in the original one because that's the way they want to keep it god knows why but its what they want i just have it broken down nicer.

I also did a rough design of their logo let me know what you think of that and what i can improve on.

Again its a work in progress so don't kill me if you think it looks bad XD

cizzlingeast

well it is not bad ......
its good as you have spent lot of time to make it this way...
but i think logo can be more better as in try to relate the word "promotional pros" with big P.
Your design is simple so let it be lie that just try any other color for background..may be black or something else.

d a v e

to be blunt it looks dated and messy.

cented text - not good
list items as a vertical list - too hard to read like that
2 sets of navigation - consolidate it on left
put phone number at top and contact at top
lines on business card look too wonky (the one in background but i like the pens)

everything is black and white and just and sprawls over the page.

maybe put the scroller thing on a different colour background (black ?)

bold and italic and all caps? NO THANKS :)

maybe something like this for logo and background...
promotionalpros.jpg

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
The main page is wordy. Like Dave said, I'd make that a vertical list near the top. I would also just put the highest selling items on that list, and then do something like, "...an much more!" linked to a page that lists everything in an easy to follow order, perhaps alphabetically. The paragraphs in the middle sound like an about page. Consider moving it there. The bottom section of text would be a great way to lay out what I said above about the list at the top. This would free up space for a few images of examples of what they do.

Like Dave said, see if you can get that contact info right at the top with a call to action. Right now, it's buried in a block of text.

With that long block in the middle and only the menu on the left, you have a lot of empty space, and the page feels heavy on the right side once the menu scroll out of view.

Final note: I'd watch out for using names and logos of corporations unless you have their permission. You could be inviting problems for the client.

afreshck

I like the background. I think it's clever and it works. I would stick with left text alignment and not center the top text to keep it more uniform. Good use of the navigation having it in two areas. I think the logo honestly needs more attention than the page itself, as it looks dated. Overall nice work though!