my blog...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, boys and girls, i am blogging once more. i think i finally have a decent setup going, so this one might last a while. :)

http://blog.cluelessbot.com

not much there yet, but it's a start. also, please don't mind the bad grammar and missing words, but i am extremely tired. might go back in and correct it tomorrow. ;)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
when i tried to visit the blog, the page took ages to load.
And didnt fully load. I will try and take a look again next week when I get some more time.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
ummmm... did you have to remind how close Christmas is? I haven't even started shopping.
lol... i normally wait til the last moment as well. it's kind of odd having almost all my x-mas shopping out of the way.

ian said:
when i tried to visit the blog, the page took ages to load.
And didnt fully load. I will try and take a look again next week when I get some more time.
i had the same problem a couple of days ago. one of the drawbacks of shared hosting as you know. :(

but generally i am very happy with how wordpress runs on a windows server.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, seems there is a bigger problem with the server i am on. service has been unavailable since early this morning. no biggie though. the first real problem or downtime i have encountered in well over year that i have been with that ISP. shit happens.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The blog works fine now, just registered and made a post. For a blog, I used to have that register first thing on my blog, but I did away with it. I think it is better to allow anyone to post and have something like the akismet spam protection plugin in use.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah, i know... i had a large spam problem on my old blog, so i wanted to be on the safe side this time around.

my service provider restarted IIS for me and everything has been fine since. :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
This thread was from back in 2006, a spammer resurrected it with one of their spam posts which were deleted. That is why the site no longer works.

Status
Not open for further replies.