My Band's Website

ungeniusman

What do you all think of my band's website?

http://www.elektropoq.com/

It's for my band, elektropoq. Or elektro[poq]. We're, like electronic, pop/rock... Well, whatever we choose to be. But we are totally computer generated, and electric, with a lot of synth in there, so I tried to go for like an electric background type thing, and then a really simple interface and layout. So, yeah.

SpiderWeb

I like the font you used for the header, but I dislike everything else... no offense.

Here are my main problems with the site:
-It is too wide for my screen, which is 1024px wide.
-The menu is VERY bland. Even a simple tabular menu would be a nice upgrade.
-The text on the page doesn't mesh with the background.

If I were you, I'd probably just get a free template somewhere and edit that.

scarlett

I'm sorry but I don't like it either especially that there is no content. The space for the text on the homepage sort of like there is a table which makes them separate from the background.

I thought I would find pictures of your band but instead, I saw images with twighlight (if I'm not mistaken) effects and the name of your band on it. Why are those images relevant on your band? Is it the cover of your cd or posters which your fans dig?

hawk12online

Hi there,

A number of places you could improve, most noticeably with regards to the main header. It is a little wide for what most peoples monitors will cope with, it could do with been reduced in size.

Also the text could ideally do with been on a 'transparent' layer - meaning that it would 'overlap' your background images instead of going over them in a black text box.

Also the menu is very 'boring' you could say, something (as mentioned above) like tabs would be good, there are all sorts of ways to make menus more interesting.

Try and get a template from somewhere and edit that (mentioned above), there is probably templates to suit your band out there.

:)

ungeniusman

I like the font you used for the header, but I dislike everything else... no offense.

Here are my main problems with the site:
-It is too wide for my screen, which is 1024px wide.
-The menu is VERY bland. Even a simple tabular menu would be a nice upgrade.
-The text on the page doesn't mesh with the background.

If I were you, I'd probably just get a free template somewhere and edit that.

I changed the font to match, and you're not supposed to be able to see the whole word at the top. That's intentional in the design. I know of very few people who would be able to. And templates aren't original, which is something I want my site to be.