Musician Site

JMCDesigner

Its rather ugly and the choice of colour is not too good. If all else fails use the K.I.S.S method of building websites. Or use something like wordpress with a preset template.

Eric

Ouch. Swing and a miss. I thought it was looking OK, but I just put those buttons on the sidebar, and I admit that made it look worse. I'm really hoping to start a career as a web designer this year (maybe I'm just trying too hard), but that's why I'd like to do it myself. If I choose some less intense colors and lose the stripes on the sidebar, would this still be salvageable? Thanks for your input, anyone else?

rwebber77

Definitely a swing and a miss. It's dark and uninviting. I am fairly new to web design so I can't critique too much but for the content you have I would go with Wordpress like JMC said...simple to set up and they look pretty good.

ordinarysundays

Hi there,

suggestions: choose one main color, and one accent color to make the whole page one complete thing.
I would go for the turquoise, and perhaps grey then?
try to go for a calm/classy/collected look&feel by skipping uneccessary things like the diagonal lines.
Do you have a logo yourself? The place where your logo now is placed is indeed perfect for placing your logo, but don't cross the right container.. make sure its all neat and ligned up!!

cheers