Music playing over the top of a web page?

Scottykav

Hey,
Could anyone tell me or refer me to a tutorial on how to have music playing over the top of a webpage?

Thanks,
Scottykav

SiteExpress

If you mean to play music as background try this putting this code into the Head of your html. Of course you will want to replace "SOUND" with the location of your sound file.

<bgsound src="SOUND.wav" loop="-1">

Having your music keep re-playing a certain amount of times or none at all is called the "loop"

In the code above the "loop" is set to replay the music forever. If you want it to only play once then stop, set the loop to 0, or if you want it to replay once, set it to 1 and so on.

Hope that helps.

SiteExpress

I have never tried to use MP3 in a web page, mostly because of size. however, I think it is possible, but I would imagine you will need to use some sort of plugin to do it. You might check into WMP player plugins for websites.

Anyone else have an idea?

StephanieCordray

I'd say 80% of the world hates it and in that case, there should be an option of turning it on, not an option of turning it off after it starts... a lot of people might close the site before they realize they can turn it off... besides, most won't miss it anyway if they don't hear it and it would sure save on the bandwidth.

Winterchase

I'm with you....

Graham said:
I hate having music on a website without the option of turning it off.

... on this "issue." Question; I have "welcome" to come up but would like to be able to have it sound only once, meaning when the viewer clicks around the site, then comes back to the main page, he/she doesn't hear that blasted "welcome" each time. e.g. - "welcome" only one time per visit. Otherwise, I'm getting ready to remove it.

Graham

I myself don't know how to do it, I'm not even sure if it's possible, someone else may know if it's possible, I can't see how it would be though.

Graham

I'm not sure if you realise, but if you read the other threads, they were talking about having it play once, and even if they go back to that page it won't play again. I know you can play mp3's on a website.

mgonzo

Graham said:
I'm not sure if you realise, but if you read the other threads, they were talking about having it play once, and even if they go back to that page it won't play again. I know you can play mp3's on a website.

How about putting an on/off button.

mgonzo

how about this ...adding a flash mp3 player. you can one or 100 songs. it has an option to play automatically when you enter the site or not.........

i had it on my site for awhile and it worked fine..but decided to take it down only cause the mp3's were taking up too much space.

Attachments

• flash mp3player.jpg
    flash mp3player.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 28

Graham

I had a flash mp3 player, it's ok as long as you use XML to link the flash, otherwise the flash will take absolutely ages to load!