multimedia problem

latintrans

Hello again everyone, i need some help with a video problem, a need to add a 60 seconds video to my site but i want that to see it, people must first download the file, i have allreay upload the file but you con see the media player, and click on it to see the video, i have read i must compress the file first and then to upload to make it "downloadable", if this is the right solution, which compress software can i use to do this, i have been trying to use (7 zip) and (cam unzip), but i find they are not so easy to use....some suggestions woul be appreciated:)

StephanieCordray

If you have a windows machine, you can just use windows. right click on the file, choose send to..., choose compressed folders. Windows will walk you through the rest of the way. Couldn't be simpler.

latintrans

Hi Stephanie thanks for replying, i have managed to compress the file allready but when i upload to my page and i preview it in my brouser, the file do not display, because of a plug in problem automatically i tried to find the plug in and the result is that no plug in match the automatic search, it is really strange, how can i know then which one is the missing plug in to download it and fix the problem? i am at a loss at this point.

By the way a saw the banner of your site, i like it, i have been looking for something like that for months, the problem is the site i am building is for a non profit project we can no spend more mony, but if you can suggest me a link, or a software to make a banner like that we really woud appreciated....:)

StephanieCordray

the banner of the site in my signature or a different site?

I'm not sure what you mean about plugins... if they are downloading it, you don't need a plugin on your site and nothing can "play" a zip file anyway. It has to be uncompressed into its original form. If you are allowing a choice to play online or download then you'll have to place both on your site and set up with different links.

latintrans

StephanieCordray said:
the banner of the site in my signature or a different site?

I'm not sure what you mean about plugins... if they are downloading it, you don't need a plugin on your site and nothing can "play" a zip file anyway. It has to be uncompressed into its original form. If you are allowing a choice to play online or download then you'll have to place both on your site and set up with different links.

I have decided if possible to upload my video files through ftp manager, but then i guess they do not have to be compressed??, i like your banner the main one on your site.. how you did it?

StephanieCordray

Photoshop and a photograph. Thanks for the compliment.

Not sure I could tell you exactly how I did it. Maybe one of these days, i'll mark all the actions and make tutorials... just never think what I do is good enough.

ISDProductions

i think the prolem is you don't have the movie embedded in your page, can you cut and paste the HTML your using to display your movie?