multi line navigation tabs

PapaGeek

I am working on a website, www.howtofixsocialsecurity.com, and the project keeps growing!

I’d like to keep the navigation as a single row of horizontal tabs across the top of the page, but I’m running out of real estate.

Does anyone have a link to an example of creating tabs like the one’s I am using that will handle two lines of text? If I could change the tabs like “How It Works” and put “Works” on a second line, I could make room for a lot of extra pages.

Not to push the request too far, but it would also be nice if any single line tabs, like “FAQ”, would vertically center on the two line entries.

You can view the source of the page to see how the navigation is entered as a simple unnumbered list with each text entry inside a SPAN command, and also view www.howtofixsocialsecurity.com/topnav.css to view the current CSS coding.

I’m not locked into the concept of using CSS to reformat an unnumbered list. Another thought I had was to create a DIV of a fixed height with vertically centered text and somehow make the borders of the DIV look like a folder tab. I could then make the navigation a single table line.

Thanks in advance for any help and or ideas you can give me on this one.