Mouse Over Effect - Please Help

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
that is done via css (cascading style sheet). for instance try adding this bit of code between the head tags of one of your pages...

Code:
<style type="text/css">
<!--

A:link {text-decoration: none; color: #990000;}
   A:visited {text-decoration: none; color: #990000;}
   A:hover {text-decoration: underline; color: #990000;}

-->
</style>
that's the css i use on nmpoc.com.

rka81

that is done via css (cascading style sheet). for instance try adding this bit of code between the head tags of one of your pages...

Code:
<style type="text/css">
<!--

A:link {text-decoration: none; color: #990000;}
   A:visited {text-decoration: none; color: #990000;}
   A:hover {text-decoration: underline; color: #990000;}

-->
</style>
that's the css i use on nmpoc.com.

Mnay Thanks.......but you link to your site didnt work?!! (might be my internet - been dodgy lately!)

rka81

Ok but how do i get the "previews/images" to come up when i hover over another smaller image?!

Thanks

StephanieCordray

Here's a sample of the source code from the link you provided:

<LINK rel="stylesheet" href="/css/search.css" type="text/css">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/seo.css" type="text/css">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/networkbar.css" type="text/css">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/style.css" type="text/css">
<link rel="icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
<SCRIPT src="/js/alt.js" language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT src="/js/common.js" language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT src="/js/dynwindow.js" language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>

<script src="/js/networkbar.js" language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/js/preview_templates.js" language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/js/loader.js" language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/js/AC_RunActiveContent.js" language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"></script>
<SCRIPT language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

The part I highlighted in red shows how they do it. They use a javascript called preview_templates.js

You can probably find that script in a number of places. I usually recommend http://javascriptsource.com mostly because it's the only url I can remember off the top of my head.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok but how do i get the "previews/images" to come up when i hover over another smaller image?!

Thanks
yeah, my server hasn't been accessible since early this morning. haven't heard back from my ISP yet and i kind of doubt there will be anyone in tomorrow to look into it. so hopefully everything will get worked out sometime on monday.