Modified my (professionally created) website as an amateur

Nathan

So basically, I'm learning ASP.NET at Uni and want to implement a blog on my website at some point. My website is http://www.aabk.com.au btw.

Can you please take a look at the site and tell me if I will be able to use my (developing) ASP.NET to implement a blog (or suggest an alternative) and also give me advice on how to integrate it so it looks good design wise?

The website was designed by a pro, so if I implement a blog I don't want to ruin the nice design.

Thank you.

chrishirst

Staff member
Can you please take a look at the site and tell me if I will be able to use my (developing) ASP.NET to implement a blog

Who knows??? Looking at the rendered HTML tells us NOTHING about the backend and whether you can use .NET, ASP, ColdFusion, PHP, Python, Perl etc. etc.

leroy30

If your site is written in ASP.net -Yes.

If it's written in PHP (or other), then, not directly. What you can do is create your blog as a seperate website and have it at blog.aabk.com.au or in an active directory under aabk.com.au/blog/ and use IIS to render your existing PHP website (not sure how you get IIS to do that, but I've seen it done).

Other than that the best advice I can give you is 1. Open visual studio, 2. Create a new ASP.net web application, 3. Download Microsofts SQL Express and install it, 4. Get building your site. Take it as far as you can until you hit a brick wall (probably pretty earyl!) and then start Googling the crap out of Google.

No doubt there are plenty of ASP.net blog tutorials out there. And you can always start from an open source one for that matter.

Have fun and good luck :D

Le-roy