Mobile Web Design

jasonb1689

What do you use for designing and building mobile sites for your clients?

I have recently come across a great platform called FiddleFly, any experience with it?

Any ideas of other platforms?

Let me know.

DHDdirect

And if you want older browser support you can use Jquery Media Queries

Write your media queries like you would for browsers with native support. The script will parse your CSS and apply the styles for positive media query tests realtime (also when you resize).

* Here's a nice little tutorial with example of media query min max width.

Last edited:

vectoraster

I use good old fashion coding. I put a script on my main page that automatically directs them to a mobile-friendly version of my page if their screen resolution is 699 pixels or less. The mobile-friendly version has an option to view the standard PC version if they wish to do so, of course. I title it "index2.html" and the only difference from index.html is it doesn't have the script that redirects them.

Isn't there an environment or software for making mobile websites? i forgot what it is but I am sure that you use Netbeans for mobile applications.

OpalCat

I am also looking to make a mobile version of a website. Besides removing most images, making sure the text autofits the width, and that there isn't a bunch of stuff like flash and so on, what other tips do you have for making a mobile version of a site?

Note: I'm not looking for how to make the site detect that it's being viewed on a mobile device and redirecting--I'll figure that part out easily enough once I have the mobile site set up. I'm looking for design tips for an effective mobile site.

Thanks in advance.